SSMS Addin 220.127.116.11 (Beta)
This release brings all of the functionality from the Extended Events Manager UI Application into the SSMS Addin, eliminating the need to use an external application for managing Extended Events in SQL Server 2008. Future development efforts will be focused on the SSMS Addin rather than the external application.
If the previous Alpha release of the Addin was installed it should be uninstalled from the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel before installing this release. The Setup project was redesigned to separate the Addin from the external application Setup Project and will not remove the previous version.
- Implementation of all UI forms as an SSMS Addin
- Streaming results from TargetData providers
- Switch TargetDataView from a Form to a UserControl
- Control loads as a Tabbed Form
- All Controls persist state information to <%UserProfile%>\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Shell
- Implemenation of Addin Options in User Settings files
- Ability to configure default session options
- Ability to control startup version checking
- Ability to Generate TSQL Scripts to query Target Data in new SSMS Window
- User controlled installation of code generator objects including SQLCLR Assembly from Adam Machanic.
- Custom Collection in User Settings to persist previous server code generation settings.
I am interested in hearing about additional options/features that you feel are usefull to the application. If you have any recommendations please log an issue for them.